Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Awesome diving in Kuwait FOR REAL

FINALLY a successful dive trip in Kuwait!
I went to Garrouh Island (is it spelled this way?) and it was really nice! Visibility between 0-16 meters was about 8-10 meters and below 20 meters it got really sad... but who cares... the nice stuff is to be found anywhere between 2-18 meters! :)



Here are some pictures:



From top to bottom:

  • Stingray (it was actually two of them!) passing right next to the boat. Unfortunately the camera was set to take sepia shots.
  • getting ready to "go over board".
  • You could see the bottom of the sea (about 6 meters) under the boat!
  • The bunch of us just before the second dive.

The drift was quite heavy but this made the dives actually quite easy... go down... balance yourself... drift... keep your eyes open for things to see. :)
On the second dive I found a lion fish hiding behind a big rock. I am trying to get the picture of it from the dive instructor (Ali from KIM Dive Center) that was diving with me.

All in all a very nice trip! Didn't expect it after my bad luck earlier this year!
Good briefings / good equipment / super friendly staff / 'big' boat

I am sure I'll go diving with them again! (there is supposed to be a wreck at Kubbar! anyone got some info on that?!?)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's cool! wonder if I will ever manage to do that one day!

Stingrays.. ahhhhh.. I don't like'em! We are at the chalet last week and the water was sooo low (low tide) and you can actually see little ones just floating all over the place! freaked me out!

nQ said...

alaah :( i miss diving
i'm looking forward to a night dive though
the wreck + darkness = wanasa :D cuddle time under water.

Intlxpatr said...

Looks like a lot of fun.

Anonymous said...

Yep, and excellent photography! ;-]

Evil Knievel said...

Haha ... looks like alot og you tried to figure out who I am.... stats show that the picture with the 3 guys is the most downloaded!! :P
If you are THAT curious who I am... just ask!!! I might tell!!! :P

Anonymous said...

Diving to me is just so scary. There are too many directions things can attack you from. I can't keep my eyes on stuff above, under, and all the way around me... ahhh I don't know if I could ever dive in the open water. When I was a kid I was afraid jaws was going to get me in the local pool.. so could I ever expect to feel safe in the ocean? no no no, diving is for the insane!